Nor'easter (Friday) Mini Partisan Tournament
The Partisan mini tournament is back for Nor'easter, but this year the topic will be Partisan scenarios. Up to 4 players compete in 2 rounds starting Friday afternoon. If you are interested in watching mosting ineffective troops try to accomplish something against well-trained opposition (well sometimes they are at least!), make sure to sign up for this mini - signups are limited to the first four people.
Your victories in this mini tournament count towards the main tournament on Saturday and Sunday so you've got no excuse for not playing! To pre-register for this mini tournament, simply select that option when you Register.
The Friday mini is a 2-round, single elimination mini with a fixed list of (relatively short) scenarios, starting at 12:00pm on Friday.
Plan for no more than 4 hours per round. The mini winner will be the single undefeated player after 2 rounds. There will likely be a prize awarded to the player who is undefeated after the two rounds.
- Just like the main tourney, players in the Commando mini should pick 3 scenarios and number them in order of preference for each round. Please remember wins and losses count in the main tourney.
- The scenarios for the first round tend be shorter than for the second round. Players should plan to play longer in the second round. All of the scenarios have relatively small OBs, so playtime should not be that long. Again, please plan accordingly.
- I am not aware of errata for any of these scenarios. If errata exist it will be provided at the tourney.
- My plan was to have scenario booklets for each participant in the mini. I am hoping to get this to each participant before the tourney. I will try to make contact with each participant or they could email me firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. (Please note I will provide scenarios only to the actually participants in the mini tourney)
- I will provide 4 prizes for the mini; the winner will get the first choice of the four, second place getting the next choice and so forth. I understand that the second and third place players will each have a 1-1 record in the mini. To keep things simple the two winners in the first round play for the mini title. The loser of this match is second in the mini tourney. The two losers of the first round will play for third place, with the winner of course getting this spot. The overall winner will also get a plaque proving his dominance in the mini.
- Anything not covered by the above will be handled by the main tourney rules and tourney directors.